CISF surveys Bangalore metro for Delhi-like security measures
New Delhi: The CISF, which guards the Delhi
Metro network in the national capital, is undertaking a survey
of the Bangalore Metro for possible security measures to be
"We are currently undertaking a survey of the Bangalore
Metro," Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) Director
General N R Das told reporters here.
The first phase of the Bangalore Metro, which will run
through commercial and residential areas of the city, consists
of two corridors and will cover a total of 42.30 kilometres.
A total of 419 trained personnel of the force have taken
charge of all the "core areas" of security at the Delhi
Airport Metro link here, he said.
"As of now, there are only four operational stations out
of six (on the Airport Metro link). We are in-charge of
security at all the core areas at the Airport Metro link
beginning from passenger frisking till the passenger boards
the coach," Das said.
The arrangement is similar to what is operational at
airports, he added.
Das, during his annual press conference preceding the
CISF Raising Day on March 10, said a total of 125 companies of
the force have been earmarked for the forthcoming polls in
four states and the Union Territory of Puducherry.
The force recruited almost 14,000 personnel last year in
the lower ranks which include about 500 from Jammu and Kashmir
and more than 800 from North East states and also from naxal
A new Research and Development (R and D) cell has also
been created in the force to assist and keep abreast with new
technological gadgets in the security arena, Das said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31