Citizen`s charter to be extended state-wide
Bangalore: The ruling BJP will extend its
ambitious citizen charter `sakala` state wide from April 2 to
ensure delivery of services from various departments within a
Following the citizen charter implemented on a pilot
basis in four taluks and the city`s Jayangar area in the last
one month, the Government is spreading the "sakala" in all
districts of the state, Minister for Law and Urban Development
S Suresh Kumar announced at a press conference here.
A total of 151 civil services from 11 departments would
be guaranteed under the citizen charter in specified time
frame set by the government.
Deploying information technology for the success of the
programme through which the government is targeting toning up
administration and make it people friendly, besides checking
corruption, the Government has also created a website
www.sakala.kar.nic.in and also a helpline 080-44554455 to
enable applicants to know the status of their applications.
Applicants can also get SMS alert on their applications
by providing the 15 digit registration number given to them,
In the last one month 1,34,767 applications for various
services were received and 1,15,370 disposed off, registering
a success rate of 99.3 per cent, he said.
Kumar said help desks have been set up in taluks and
districts to assist people in filling up forms and 20,000
dedicated officials would work on citizen charter delivery.
The government is expected to receive 15 lakh
applications per month, he said.
There was a proposal to issue caste certificate on a
permanent basis to avoid the hardship involved in securing it,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister