Citizen`s charter to be extended state-wide
Bangalore: The ruling BJP will extend its
ambitious citizen charter `sakala` state wide from April 2 to
ensure delivery of services from various departments within a
Following the citizen charter implemented on a pilot
basis in four taluks and the city`s Jayangar area in the last
one month, the Government is spreading the "sakala" in all
districts of the state, Minister for Law and Urban Development
S Suresh Kumar announced at a press conference here.
A total of 151 civil services from 11 departments would
be guaranteed under the citizen charter in specified time
frame set by the government.
Deploying information technology for the success of the
programme through which the government is targeting toning up
administration and make it people friendly, besides checking
corruption, the Government has also created a website
www.sakala.kar.nic.in and also a helpline 080-44554455 to
enable applicants to know the status of their applications.
Applicants can also get SMS alert on their applications
by providing the 15 digit registration number given to them,
In the last one month 1,34,767 applications for various
services were received and 1,15,370 disposed off, registering
a success rate of 99.3 per cent, he said.
Kumar said help desks have been set up in taluks and
districts to assist people in filling up forms and 20,000
dedicated officials would work on citizen charter delivery.
The government is expected to receive 15 lakh
applications per month, he said.
There was a proposal to issue caste certificate on a
permanent basis to avoid the hardship involved in securing it,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof