Civil Aviation authorities stipulate stringent norms
Bangalore: In the wake of a crude
explosive found from cargo section of a Kingfisher plane, all
airlines operating in the southern region were today directed
to undertake compulsory frisking of its staff entering
operational areas of airports.
The Regional Directorate of Civil Aviation Commission
issued a fresh set of guidelines, directing intensified manual
checking of hand bags and scaling up police patrolling.
The guidelines suggested that all vehicles entering
the operational area and its occupants be thoroughly checked.
Anti-sabotage checking, searching of entire area and
`sit aside` check-in should be undertaken at regular
intervals, the circular issued by the authorities said.
Inner baggage screeners should be alerted to look for
prohibited items and take necessary action, besides
maintaining strict surveillance by security staff, it said.
Meanwhile, airport sources said a team of Kerala
police visited Bengaluru International Airport yesterday and
questioned Kingfisher airline staff who were on duty when the
Bangalore-Thiruvananthapuram flight took off.
A crude explosive was found yesterday at
Thiruvanathapuram airport from the cargo section of a
Kingfisher plane that arrived from Bangalore with 31 people on
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!