CM hits back at B S Yeddyurappa’s camp
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda on Monday rejected the B S Yeddyurappa camp`s demand for convening a legislature party meeting within 48 hours, saying it would be called only after presentation of the budget.
"I have not received any request from anybody to call for a meeting of the legislature party", Gowda told reporters, adding, he would convene it only after the budget (slated to be presented on Mar 21). The budget session begins tomorrow.
The Yeddyurappa camp yesterday set a 48-hour deadline on convening the legislature party meeting, where they want to formally elect him as the leader facilitating his reinstatement as Chief Minister.
Gowda saw nothing wrong in Yeddyurappa loyalists staying in a resort, saying "I can`t restrict anybody from going anywhere", adding, the Ministers were doing their work (otherwise).
There were no complaints against such Ministers vis-à-vis handling of their portfolios.
Appearing to be undeterred by moves of the Yeddyurappa camp to oust him, Gowda said, "I am continuing to perform my duties", adding, the budget speech would be sent for printing this afternoon.
"The state`s interest is of primary importance for me as Chief Minister. Party president will look after the affairs of the party", he said.
Meanwhile, MLA B P Harish, a Yeddyurappa loyalist, said a signature campaign is on by some 65 MLAs seeking convening of the legislature party meeting. Yeddyurappa has been exonerated by the court in the illegal mining case, he said, adding, the
BJP came to power after the party projected him to the post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Lachipora encounter: Security forces shot dead 2 militants; gunbattle underway
- IIFA 2016: Ranveer Singh gets his fanboy moment with Fawad Khan!
- Accused of 'intimidation', Delhi Deputy CM Sisodia to stage protest march to PM Modi's residence
- IIFA 2016: Priyanka Chopra wins 'Woman of the Year' award, expresses her joy on Twitter! - View pic
- Dada responds to Ravi Shastri's 'Sourav Ganguly absent' remark - Here's what he said