CM invites investors to invest in Karnataka
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister B S
Yeddyurappa today invited investors attending the World
Economic Forum meet at Tianjin in China to invest in his state
as it offers vast investment potential in various sectors.
"Karnataka is a state of action. We have witnessed rapid
and unparalleled growth across our knowledge base sectors. The
State’s entrepreneurial spirit in innovations and R & D has
given it recognition world over," he said.
Karnataka`s rich natural resources, proactive policies,
talented work force and a strong economy have propelled the
State to become a preferred investment destination, he said in
his address to a select group of captains of industry, in
whose honour he hosted a dinner there last night.
A large number of industry leaders and delegates from
other countries also had discussions with the Chief Minister
on possible investments and collaborations, a statement issued
here by the Chief Minister`s Secretariat said today.
An Israeli delegation met Yeddyurappa and discussed
Technology transfer on dry land agriculture with specific
reference to micro-irrigation, visit of Karnataka farmers to
Israel to study agriculture practices and Training of police
officers on homeland security.
The statement said World Economic Forum Chairman Dr Klaus
Schwab has invited Karnataka to be a partner state in the
coming India Economic Summit at Delhi this November, to which
the Chief Minister had agreed.
Senior officials of Asian Development Bank and World
Economic Forum had separate discussions with Chief Secretary
and other officers of Karnataka on collaboration on water
related issues like improving irrigation efficiency and water
supply in urban areas and micro irrigation. A follow up meeting
would be held during mid November 2010 in Bangalore, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble