CM Jagadish Shettar seeks bureaucracy`s cooperation in implementing programmes
Bangalore: As the political uncertainty triggered by factional feud posed threat to the BJP government in Karnataka, Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar on Monday exhorted the bureaucracy to brace up to implement the budget programmes ahead of next year assembly elections.
At a meeting here to review progress of some key departments, he also sought the bureaucracy`s coooperation in implementing programmes and earning "good" name to his government.
Shettar, in his second interaction with top officials in the last four months after he assumed the office of chief minister, reminded them that the BJP government`s tenure will come to an end in another few months.
Assembly polls are due by May next year.
"In the remaining months, all the programmes announced in the budget has to be implemented before our term ends. If you do a good job, the government will get good name", Shettar told the officials.
Shettar, who is the third chief minister of the first BJP government that came to power in the South in 2008, referred to red tape in administration that has been delaying decision making at several levels.
"Instead of depending upon correspondence, try to sit across the table and find a solution. Red tapism should end", he said and narrated a story of a woman who has been struggling to get compensation for ten acres that was acquired by the government in Jamkhandi taluk about 30 years ago.
Shettar said there is no resource crunch in the government for development.
The government has to face challenges on various fronts including on tackling the worst ever drought that battered 157 taluks out of 176, recent bird flu, garbage menace and Cauvery water sharing row.
Deputy Commissioners in some districts have handled the drought situation well while in others, it was not so, he said.
He wanted officials to address problems like payment of pension under social security schemes and issue of BPL cards at the local level. `Sakala`, the citizen charter scheme, has brought good name to the government, he said.
Programmes of Urban Development Department, Planning, Social Welfare, Agriculture, Horticulture, Revenue and Rural Development were reviewed at the day-long meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi