CM orders probe into jailbirds roaming free
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister B.S.Yeddyurappa has reportedly ordered a probe into a Bangalore newspaper expose that reveals how ``VIP`` inmates of the Central Jail in Bangalore are allowed to roam free in the city.
According to the newspaper, at least four convicts serving life terms have been allowed to leave the jail from morning till dusk.
It quoted sources, as saying that the daily outings have been going on for a year and that the credibility of the Parappan Agrahara jail administration has been questioned.
The four have been convicted for murder and are also allowed ``special privileges`` inside the jail, courtesy of the jail administration.
Janata Dal-Secular chief and former Karnataka chief minister H D Kumaraswamy said well connected inmates continue flouting jail rules.
He also said irregularities in the Bangalore Central need to be thoroughly probed. Kumaraswamy said Karnataka``s Home Minister must immediately act on the expose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Planning to visit Rishikesh this summer? Here's how you can reach there!
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sushil Kumar vs Narsingh Yadav - HC likely to take final call today
- Korean Air evacuates plane at Japan's Haneda airport after engine smoke
- Google beats Oracle in $9 billion Android trial
- Google triumphs over Oracle in copyright case