CM orders probe into jailbirds roaming free
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister B.S.Yeddyurappa has reportedly ordered a probe into a Bangalore newspaper expose that reveals how ``VIP`` inmates of the Central Jail in Bangalore are allowed to roam free in the city.
According to the newspaper, at least four convicts serving life terms have been allowed to leave the jail from morning till dusk.
It quoted sources, as saying that the daily outings have been going on for a year and that the credibility of the Parappan Agrahara jail administration has been questioned.
The four have been convicted for murder and are also allowed ``special privileges`` inside the jail, courtesy of the jail administration.
Janata Dal-Secular chief and former Karnataka chief minister H D Kumaraswamy said well connected inmates continue flouting jail rules.
He also said irregularities in the Bangalore Central need to be thoroughly probed. Kumaraswamy said Karnataka``s Home Minister must immediately act on the expose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video