CM ready to visit N-E states to instill confidence
Guwahati: Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar on Thursday said if the situation demands, he was ready to visit the seven North Eastern states to instill confidence among the people.
"The world knows Karnataka as a peace loving state and Bangalore as Mini-India, where people from all cultures and all places live happily and peacefully," Shettar said in a statement, which was made available here.
He appealed to the people of North East to stay back without any inhibitions, adding there was no fear.
The state government has taken all measures to safeguard the interests of the people of the North Eastern States residing in Karnataka and there has been no untoward incident reported, so far, except for verbal threats that have created a sense of fear among the people.
"My colleagues have visited the railway station and have appealed to the fleeing population to stay back and police have been instructed to provide adequate security to all people living in the State, especially to the people of the North Eastern origin," he added.
Director General of Police Mr Lal Rokhuma Pachuau, who also hails from Mizoram, has sent a SMS personally to every one in the state assuring of fear-free environment.
"Muslim leaders from the state have also given a call
for peace and harmony during their Friday prayers and assured full solidarity to their North Eastern brethren," the statement said.
Deputy Chief Minister R Ashok, who also holds the portfolios of Home and Transport, has gone on night patrol in areas where there is concentration of North Eastern population to instill confidence in them.
The Chief Minister has appealed that as there is no threat perception to any citizen of the North East and they can return to the State to pursue their studies or pursue their work, as before, without lending their ears to rumours.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Watch: Amateur footage of a boy falling from Mumbai local train
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma