CM refuses to accept K’taka Minister’s resignation
Bangalore: Karnataka Law Minister S Suresh Kumar resigned on Saturday after charges surfaced that he secured a residential site in violation of rules, but Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda rejected it saying there was no wrongdoing on his part.
Kumar submitted his resignation to Gowda on `moral grounds` and wrote to Bangalore Development Authority, surrendering the site allotted to him under the Chief Minister`s discretionary quota during the BS Yeddyurappa regime.
He faced the charge that he was allotted a 4000 square feet site in violation of rules though his kin, including his mother and daughter, owned a house and two sites.
Shortly after Kumar submitted his resignation, Gowda said "I don`t think Suresh Kumar has committed any crime. By virtue of being an MLA, he was allotted the site under the discretionary quota. He will continue in the ministry".
Gowda told reporters that Kumar had discussed with him about the allotment of site and also the sites owned by his kin, located outside Bangalore City limits.
The Chief Minister said Kumar had sold those sites to raise funds for purchasing a house. "Kumar submitted his resignation as he was pained by the allegations", Gowda said.
Kumar is perceived to be a man with a clean image in the political class in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!