CM responsible for Lokayukta phone tapping: Cong
Bangalore: Holding Karnataka Chief Minister
B S Yeddyurapppa responsible for the alleged telephone tapping
of Lokayukta N Santosh Hegde, opposition Congress on Friday
demanded his immediate resignation and a CBI probe into
Karnataka Pradesh Congress Committee President G
Parameshwara and Leader of the Opposition in the Assembly
Siddaramaiah argued that without the prior knowledge of the
Chief Minister telephone tapping could not take place.
"It`s not possible to tap telephone without the
involvement of the Chief Minister. The Chief Minister is
directly responsible for the telephone tapping. He should own
moral responsibility and resign forthwith," Siddaramaiah said.
Parameshwara recalled that the then Chief Minister
Ramakrishna Hegde had resigned in 1988 immediately after a
similar telephone tapping scandal was unearthed.
They said the party would hold a symbolic protest in
front of the Mahatma Gandhi Statue here tomorrow to press for
the Chief Minister`s resignation and CBI probe into the
The party would decide on the future course of action on
the issue of illegal iron ore mining after studying the second
and final report of the Lokayukta to be submitted by him soon.
The Congress would take action against party leaders if they
were named in the Lokayukta report, they said.
In the wake of the leak of his report into illegal
mining, Hegde, a former Supreme Court judge, has said his
telephone had been tapped and the leak could have been from
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news