CM responsible for Lokayukta phone tapping: Cong
Bangalore: Holding Karnataka Chief Minister
B S Yeddyurapppa responsible for the alleged telephone tapping
of Lokayukta N Santosh Hegde, opposition Congress on Friday
demanded his immediate resignation and a CBI probe into
Karnataka Pradesh Congress Committee President G
Parameshwara and Leader of the Opposition in the Assembly
Siddaramaiah argued that without the prior knowledge of the
Chief Minister telephone tapping could not take place.
"It`s not possible to tap telephone without the
involvement of the Chief Minister. The Chief Minister is
directly responsible for the telephone tapping. He should own
moral responsibility and resign forthwith," Siddaramaiah said.
Parameshwara recalled that the then Chief Minister
Ramakrishna Hegde had resigned in 1988 immediately after a
similar telephone tapping scandal was unearthed.
They said the party would hold a symbolic protest in
front of the Mahatma Gandhi Statue here tomorrow to press for
the Chief Minister`s resignation and CBI probe into the
The party would decide on the future course of action on
the issue of illegal iron ore mining after studying the second
and final report of the Lokayukta to be submitted by him soon.
The Congress would take action against party leaders if they
were named in the Lokayukta report, they said.
In the wake of the leak of his report into illegal
mining, Hegde, a former Supreme Court judge, has said his
telephone had been tapped and the leak could have been from
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Day after 30 cows found dead, police chalks out plan to prevent smuggling
- Mathura violence: Two security staff of Ram Vriksh Yadav arrested
- 'Arvind Kejriwal-led AAP government wasting public money for image makeover'
- Kiran Bedi seeks banks' help for 'prosperous' Puducherry
- Now, helmet compulsory for pillion riders in Uttar Pradesh