CM`s camp levels allegations against JD(S) leader
Bangalore: Hitting back at Opposition JD(S)
in Karnataka, which has been levelling corruption charges
against Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa, his camp today alleged
involvement of JD(S) leader H D Revanna in financial
irregularities during his tenure as Chairman of Karnataka Milk
Federation between 1995-96 and 2001.
An official inquiry conducted by the Cooperation
Department into 19 charges has indicted Revanna in 2003 in
connection with financial irregularities, recruitment of
personnel in disregard to the law and rules and awarding works
and leasing out KMF land for a private firm bypassing tenders,
among others, B J Puttaswamy, Political Secretary to the Chief
Minister, told reporters here.
Puttaswamy said the report stated that during Revanna`s
tenure during the five years, there was misuse of funds to
the tune of Rs 38.25 crore.
Several officials, including members of KMF Board,
toured foreign countries multiple times and caused financial
loss to the body, and nearly half-acre of KMF land had been
given on lease for Gujarat-based Milk Marketing Federation for
a period of 99 years without following any rules and
regulations during Revanna`s tenure, he alleged.
It recommended to the government to take steps to
recover the financial loss from Revanna and other officials
involved in the misuse of KMF funds and filing criminal cases.
The then coalition government headed by Dharam Singh
government in 2004 set aside the report findings by
instructing KMF officials not to indulge in financial
irregularities in future.
To reopen the case, the Cooperation Department has
decided to file a petition in the Karnataka High Court on
Monday, Puttaswamy added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi