CM`s camp levels allegations against JD(S) leader
Bangalore: Hitting back at Opposition JD(S)
in Karnataka, which has been levelling corruption charges
against Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa, his camp today alleged
involvement of JD(S) leader H D Revanna in financial
irregularities during his tenure as Chairman of Karnataka Milk
Federation between 1995-96 and 2001.
An official inquiry conducted by the Cooperation
Department into 19 charges has indicted Revanna in 2003 in
connection with financial irregularities, recruitment of
personnel in disregard to the law and rules and awarding works
and leasing out KMF land for a private firm bypassing tenders,
among others, B J Puttaswamy, Political Secretary to the Chief
Minister, told reporters here.
Puttaswamy said the report stated that during Revanna`s
tenure during the five years, there was misuse of funds to
the tune of Rs 38.25 crore.
Several officials, including members of KMF Board,
toured foreign countries multiple times and caused financial
loss to the body, and nearly half-acre of KMF land had been
given on lease for Gujarat-based Milk Marketing Federation for
a period of 99 years without following any rules and
regulations during Revanna`s tenure, he alleged.
It recommended to the government to take steps to
recover the financial loss from Revanna and other officials
involved in the misuse of KMF funds and filing criminal cases.
The then coalition government headed by Dharam Singh
government in 2004 set aside the report findings by
instructing KMF officials not to indulge in financial
irregularities in future.
To reopen the case, the Cooperation Department has
decided to file a petition in the Karnataka High Court on
Monday, Puttaswamy added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!