Colleges closed in protest against attack on homes
Mangalore: Colleges in the city on Monday remained closed in response to a bandh call given by students to protest the attack on girls and boys at a homestay here allegedly by activists of a Hindu outfit.
Students of St. Aloysius College staged a demonstration in front of their institution, demanding action against the culprits responsible for the attack.
Police said no untoward incident was reported from any part of the city.
Eight persons were arrested yesterday in connection with the attack by suspected activists of Hindu Jagarane Vedike, alleging that it was a rave party at the homestay where illegal activities were going on.
The incident drew widespread condemnation and the BJP government said none would be spared for the `inhuman act.`
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 606—Tanushree's plan to denigrate Pragya ends with a facepalm
- India, Congo's friendly relation to strengthen further: President
- Delhi: Dance instructor commits suicide after strangling suspected lover
- It was a joke: Irrfan on 'Kabali' poster comment
- Salman Khan's brand new 'Sultan' poster is brutal and adrenaline-pumping! – View pic