Colleges closed in protest against attack on homes
Mangalore: Colleges in the city on Monday remained closed in response to a bandh call given by students to protest the attack on girls and boys at a homestay here allegedly by activists of a Hindu outfit.
Students of St. Aloysius College staged a demonstration in front of their institution, demanding action against the culprits responsible for the attack.
Police said no untoward incident was reported from any part of the city.
Eight persons were arrested yesterday in connection with the attack by suspected activists of Hindu Jagarane Vedike, alleging that it was a rave party at the homestay where illegal activities were going on.
The incident drew widespread condemnation and the BJP government said none would be spared for the `inhuman act.`
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA