Complainant who moved against Yeddyurappa says he`s being threatened
Bangalore: A Shimoga-based advocate, who has filed a complaint against former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa and others on Thursday filed a memo before the Lokayukta court alleging some unidentified persons have been threatening him against pursuing the case.
B Vinod filed the memo before Judge NK Sudhindra Rao, furnishing a copy of the letter he had written to the then chief minister DV Sadananda Gowda, the Governor, the DGP and the Home Minister on June 5 alleging he was being threatened by some persons through calls on his mobile phone not to pursue the case.
Taking it on record, the court adjourned the matter to November 30. Earlier, the counsel for the complainant, Shyamsunder, sought time to file objections to the bail application of seventh accused in the case H V Manjunath.
Vinod in his complaint had alleged Yeddyurappa abused his official position and denotified 69 acres at Bhadravathi in 2010 and two months later got them transferred to a firm using five `benamidars`.
On September 4, the Lokayukta court had ordered issue of summons to Yeddyurappa, his son B Y Raghavendra, MP and five others.
Subsequently, Yeddyurappa and his son and other accused, except Manjunath, filed criminal petitions in the Karnataka High Court seeking quashing of the case which are pending.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH