Complainant who moved against Yeddyurappa says he`s being threatened
Bangalore: A Shimoga-based advocate, who has filed a complaint against former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa and others on Thursday filed a memo before the Lokayukta court alleging some unidentified persons have been threatening him against pursuing the case.
B Vinod filed the memo before Judge NK Sudhindra Rao, furnishing a copy of the letter he had written to the then chief minister DV Sadananda Gowda, the Governor, the DGP and the Home Minister on June 5 alleging he was being threatened by some persons through calls on his mobile phone not to pursue the case.
Taking it on record, the court adjourned the matter to November 30. Earlier, the counsel for the complainant, Shyamsunder, sought time to file objections to the bail application of seventh accused in the case H V Manjunath.
Vinod in his complaint had alleged Yeddyurappa abused his official position and denotified 69 acres at Bhadravathi in 2010 and two months later got them transferred to a firm using five `benamidars`.
On September 4, the Lokayukta court had ordered issue of summons to Yeddyurappa, his son B Y Raghavendra, MP and five others.
Subsequently, Yeddyurappa and his son and other accused, except Manjunath, filed criminal petitions in the Karnataka High Court seeking quashing of the case which are pending.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?