Complaint against BSY, Asoka, ex DGPs dismissed
Bangalore: Lokayukta court on Thursday dismissed a private complaint against former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa, Home Minister R Ashoka and two DGPs,charging them with violating rules to transfer policemen and also seeking action against them under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
Judge N K Sudhindra Rao dismissed the petition filed by one Shashidhar on the ground that the charges do not come under the Prevention of Corruption Act. He also imposed on him a cost of Rs 5000, to be donated to the state drought relief fund.
The petitioner contended that transfers of 53 police officials in 2010 when Yeddyurappa was Chief Minister were effected in a "whimsical manner and carried out at the behest of BJP legislators and Ministers", which he said was violative of Supreme Court directions.
The petition has also named former DGPs N Achuta Rao and S P Ramesh.
The petitioner pointed out as per the Apex Court directions transfers have to be effected only through the Police Establishment Board and not "through political influence".
The transfers, he charged, were a "result of criminal conspiracy between police officials and politicians" and prayed that the court initiate action under Section 120(B) of the IPC and 13(1)(D) of the PC Act.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed