Complaint against MLA A Krishnappa posted to Jan 1
Bangalore: A Lokayukta court on Monday posted to January 12 for orders the admissability of a private complaint
against M Krishnappa, MLA, for allegedly amassing wealth to
the tune of about Rs 700 crore disproportionate to his known
sources of income.
Lokayukta Special Court Judge N K Sudhindra Rao posted the
complaint filed by city-based advocate H C Prakash to January
12 for orders on whether or not to admit the case.
Prakash in his complaint filed against Krishnappa, his
wife Priyadarshini Krishnappa, his two sons, Priya Krishna
(25) who is also an MLA from Govindrajnagar constituency and
Pradeep Krishna (22) alleged that they had amassed property to
the tune of about Rs 700 crore, which was disporportionate to
their known sources of income.
He alleged that they had landed properties close to about
700 acres in their names in various villages in Magadi taluk
in Bangalore Rural District, which they had neither disclosed
to the Lokayukta nor the State Election Commission (despite
two for them being MLAs).
Prakash further charged that statements which they had
furnished to the Lokayukta and SEC on their other properties
in and around Bangalore district, was "full of discrepancies
which itself ran into several crores".
The complainant sought for action to be initiated under
section 13 of the Prevention of Corruption Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Twelve people killed in American University attack: Afghan police
- A Flying Jatt tweet review: First day first show
- Xiaomi MIUI 8 ROM starts rolling out: Know which phones in India will get the update
- Denied help by hospital authorities, Odisha man walks 10-km carrying wife's dead body; WATCH
- Salman Khan's fan trolled, criticised Yogeshwar Dutt after he was out of Olympics. Here's his FITTING reply