Complaint filed against IGP in Lokayukta
Bangalore: A private complaint has been filed before the Lokayukta against Inspector General of Police (Central) Amar Kumar Pandey alleging corruption and dereliction of duty.
The complainant, Yeddyurappa, a guest lecturer with the Police Academy here, recently charged Pandey with collecting Rs 65,000 each from 74 excise sub-inspectors to impart training despite collecting Rs 1.38 crore from the excise department for the same purpose, when he was the Director of Karnataka Police Academy.
The complaint is being scrutinised by the Lokayukta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!