Complaint filed against IGP in Lokayukta
Bangalore: A private complaint has been filed before the Lokayukta against Inspector General of Police (Central) Amar Kumar Pandey alleging corruption and dereliction of duty.
The complainant, Yeddyurappa, a guest lecturer with the Police Academy here, recently charged Pandey with collecting Rs 65,000 each from 74 excise sub-inspectors to impart training despite collecting Rs 1.38 crore from the excise department for the same purpose, when he was the Director of Karnataka Police Academy.
The complaint is being scrutinised by the Lokayukta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Amar Singh threatens to quit Samajwadi Party over insult by party leaders
- Congress MLAs suspended after Gujarat Assembly ruckus over Dalits
- Javed Miandad asks Misbah-ul-Haq to call off retirement plans to ensure Pakistan's future success
- Salman Khan's sister Arpita's house robbed; cash, goods worth Rs 3.25 lakh stolen
- Severe obesity alone can increase heart failure risk