Complaint filed against IGP in Lokayukta
Bangalore: A private complaint has been filed before the Lokayukta against Inspector General of Police (Central) Amar Kumar Pandey alleging corruption and dereliction of duty.
The complainant, Yeddyurappa, a guest lecturer with the Police Academy here, recently charged Pandey with collecting Rs 65,000 each from 74 excise sub-inspectors to impart training despite collecting Rs 1.38 crore from the excise department for the same purpose, when he was the Director of Karnataka Police Academy.
The complaint is being scrutinised by the Lokayukta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon