Complaint filed against Karnataka minister in Lokayukta
Bangalore: A complaint charging Karnataka Food and Civil Supplies Minister V Somanna with amassing assets disproportionate to known sources of income was filed today before the Lokayukta Court for the second time.
A similar complaint was filed by social activist L Chetan Kumar last year, but was withdrawn. However, businessman Ramakrishna filed the same complaint before the court, seeking a probe.
He alleged that Sommana, who became a public servant by joining as a salesman in Janata Bazaar in 1974 had amassed assets worth Rs 17.88 crore by 2010.
The complainant sought an investigation under 13(1)(d) of the Prevention of Corruption Act.
Somanna faces another complaint before the same court pertaining to alleged denotification of land for pecuniary gain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'