Complaint filed against Lokayukta SP, Urban DC
Bangalore: A private complaint was on Thursday filed before the Lokayukta court against Superintendent of Police (Lokayukta) Bangalore Urban, P K Shivashankar and two others, charging them with collusion to extract a bribe from a person in connection with a land dispute case.
Bangalore Urban Deputy Commissioner Aiyappa is one among the other two accused.
After hearing the complaint filed by one Srinivasa Murthy, Judge N K Sudhindra Rao posted it to October 1 for orders.
Murthy alleged that the SP had colluded with the Deputy Commissioner by alerting him about an attempt to lodge a complaint against him (DC) before Lokayukta police.
He said he had approached the Lokayukta SP after Aiyappa demanded a bribe through his lady clerk to settle a case pending before the DC`s court.
He also claimed that the DC had demanded Rs three lakh bribe per acre for giving a "favourable judgement" for 1.26 acres of land which was in dispute.
The third accused in the complaint is the lady clerk.
ADGP Lokayukta Satyanarayana Rao said he did not wish to comment on the complaint and added that attempts were being made of late to destroy the morale of Lokayukta police, investigating a number of cases involving high profile individuals.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India