Complaint filed against Lokayukta SP, Urban DC
Bangalore: A private complaint was on Thursday filed before the Lokayukta court against Superintendent of Police (Lokayukta) Bangalore Urban, P K Shivashankar and two others, charging them with collusion to extract a bribe from a person in connection with a land dispute case.
Bangalore Urban Deputy Commissioner Aiyappa is one among the other two accused.
After hearing the complaint filed by one Srinivasa Murthy, Judge N K Sudhindra Rao posted it to October 1 for orders.
Murthy alleged that the SP had colluded with the Deputy Commissioner by alerting him about an attempt to lodge a complaint against him (DC) before Lokayukta police.
He said he had approached the Lokayukta SP after Aiyappa demanded a bribe through his lady clerk to settle a case pending before the DC`s court.
He also claimed that the DC had demanded Rs three lakh bribe per acre for giving a "favourable judgement" for 1.26 acres of land which was in dispute.
The third accused in the complaint is the lady clerk.
ADGP Lokayukta Satyanarayana Rao said he did not wish to comment on the complaint and added that attempts were being made of late to destroy the morale of Lokayukta police, investigating a number of cases involving high profile individuals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official