Complaint filed against Lokayukta SP, Urban DC
Bangalore: A private complaint was on Thursday filed before the Lokayukta court against Superintendent of Police (Lokayukta) Bangalore Urban, P K Shivashankar and two others, charging them with collusion to extract a bribe from a person in connection with a land dispute case.
Bangalore Urban Deputy Commissioner Aiyappa is one among the other two accused.
After hearing the complaint filed by one Srinivasa Murthy, Judge N K Sudhindra Rao posted it to October 1 for orders.
Murthy alleged that the SP had colluded with the Deputy Commissioner by alerting him about an attempt to lodge a complaint against him (DC) before Lokayukta police.
He said he had approached the Lokayukta SP after Aiyappa demanded a bribe through his lady clerk to settle a case pending before the DC`s court.
He also claimed that the DC had demanded Rs three lakh bribe per acre for giving a "favourable judgement" for 1.26 acres of land which was in dispute.
The third accused in the complaint is the lady clerk.
ADGP Lokayukta Satyanarayana Rao said he did not wish to comment on the complaint and added that attempts were being made of late to destroy the morale of Lokayukta police, investigating a number of cases involving high profile individuals.
- PM Modi launches solar-powered boats in Varanasi, says 'govt schemes should strengthen people, not vote banks'
- India ready to clear $6.5 billion of Iran's oil dues ahead of Modi's visit
- ISIS developing Google-style driverless cars for attacks
- Qatar National Bank says its systems were "fully secure" following cyber attack
- Army busts weapon making factory in Manipur, 2 militants arrested