Complaint filed against minister Rahman Khan
Bangalore: Karnataka State Minorities Commission on Friday filed a complaint against Union Minority Affairs Minister K Rahman Khan before the Lokayukta alleging misappropriation of public money in Amanath Co-Operative Bank by him when he was its president.
The complaint was lodged against Khan and others by Commission Chairman Anwar Manippady before the Upalokayukta, S B Majage. The Lokayukta post is vacant in Karnataka.
It also named land developer Ziaulla Sharieff, Chairman of Al-Ameen Trust Mumtaz Ahmed Khan, besides some Directors and officers of the Bank, officials of Karnataka Cooperation Department and local officials of RBI.
According to Manippady, the Commission received a complaint on November six this year from S Ahmed Ibadullah, Advocate, SAI Associates, on the alleged misuse of funds amounting to Rs 300 crore by former Presidents of the bank here about ten years ago.
The Commission, he said, examined the issue and found that though the misappropriation of funds is clearly established, no action has been taken so far against the culprits by the Cooperation Department, police and RBI.
"As per the balance sheet of the bank (2008) more than Rs 3500 crore of misappropriation by benami sanctions/sanctions to firms owned by relatives of ex-Presidents and ex-Board of Directors/overdrafts allowed against norms/non-recovery of loans is prima facie proved", Manippady said.
"More than Rs 300 crore is reportedly misused by K Rahman Khan when he was holding the post of the President of Board of Directors," he alleged.
The Commission said erstwhile CEO of the bank Shahar Banu filed a police complaint on February nine this year against Khan, former Deputy Chairman of Rajya Sabha, and many ex-Board of Directors and beneficiaries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH