Complaint filed against minister Rahman Khan
Bangalore: Karnataka State Minorities Commission on Friday filed a complaint against Union Minority Affairs Minister K Rahman Khan before the Lokayukta alleging misappropriation of public money in Amanath Co-Operative Bank by him when he was its president.
The complaint was lodged against Khan and others by Commission Chairman Anwar Manippady before the Upalokayukta, S B Majage. The Lokayukta post is vacant in Karnataka.
It also named land developer Ziaulla Sharieff, Chairman of Al-Ameen Trust Mumtaz Ahmed Khan, besides some Directors and officers of the Bank, officials of Karnataka Cooperation Department and local officials of RBI.
According to Manippady, the Commission received a complaint on November six this year from S Ahmed Ibadullah, Advocate, SAI Associates, on the alleged misuse of funds amounting to Rs 300 crore by former Presidents of the bank here about ten years ago.
The Commission, he said, examined the issue and found that though the misappropriation of funds is clearly established, no action has been taken so far against the culprits by the Cooperation Department, police and RBI.
"As per the balance sheet of the bank (2008) more than Rs 3500 crore of misappropriation by benami sanctions/sanctions to firms owned by relatives of ex-Presidents and ex-Board of Directors/overdrafts allowed against norms/non-recovery of loans is prima facie proved", Manippady said.
"More than Rs 300 crore is reportedly misused by K Rahman Khan when he was holding the post of the President of Board of Directors," he alleged.
The Commission said erstwhile CEO of the bank Shahar Banu filed a police complaint on February nine this year against Khan, former Deputy Chairman of Rajya Sabha, and many ex-Board of Directors and beneficiaries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users