Complaint in Lokayukta court against Kumaraswamy
Bangalore: A complaint was filed on Monday in the Lokayukta Special Court here against JDS leader HD Kumaraswamy alleging irregularities in denotification of land
during his tenure as Chief Minister.
Kumaraswamy is the second former chief minister in the state to face allegations of irregularities in denotification of land apart from B S Yeddyurappa who had surrendered in court last October, facing imminent arrest in a case relating to alleged irregularities in denotification of land.
The complainant Madhuswamy in his complaint has accused Kumaraswamy of denotifying 3.8 acres in Thanisandra village, which had been acquired for formation of a residential layout by Bangalore Development Authority in the Arkavathy layout in violation of rules.
Former minister C Chennigappa also has been named in the private complaint, alleging his involvement in getting the land denotified.
The petitioner alleged that Kumaraswamy ordered denotification of the land during October 2007, few days before the JDS-BJP coalition government collapsed following withdrawal of support by BJP.
Others facing land scam allegations and fighting legal battles are Housing Minister V Somanna, Industries Minister Murugesh Nirani, former minister S N Krishnaiah Setty and BJP MLAs C T Ravi and Nehru Olekar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu