Complaint in Lokayukta court against Kumaraswamy
Bangalore: A complaint was filed on Monday in the Lokayukta Special Court here against JDS leader HD Kumaraswamy alleging irregularities in denotification of land
during his tenure as Chief Minister.
Kumaraswamy is the second former chief minister in the state to face allegations of irregularities in denotification of land apart from B S Yeddyurappa who had surrendered in court last October, facing imminent arrest in a case relating to alleged irregularities in denotification of land.
The complainant Madhuswamy in his complaint has accused Kumaraswamy of denotifying 3.8 acres in Thanisandra village, which had been acquired for formation of a residential layout by Bangalore Development Authority in the Arkavathy layout in violation of rules.
Former minister C Chennigappa also has been named in the private complaint, alleging his involvement in getting the land denotified.
The petitioner alleged that Kumaraswamy ordered denotification of the land during October 2007, few days before the JDS-BJP coalition government collapsed following withdrawal of support by BJP.
Others facing land scam allegations and fighting legal battles are Housing Minister V Somanna, Industries Minister Murugesh Nirani, former minister S N Krishnaiah Setty and BJP MLAs C T Ravi and Nehru Olekar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery