Complaint in Lokayukta court against Kumaraswamy
Bangalore: A complaint was filed on Monday in the Lokayukta Special Court here against JDS leader HD Kumaraswamy alleging irregularities in denotification of land
during his tenure as Chief Minister.
Kumaraswamy is the second former chief minister in the state to face allegations of irregularities in denotification of land apart from B S Yeddyurappa who had surrendered in court last October, facing imminent arrest in a case relating to alleged irregularities in denotification of land.
The complainant Madhuswamy in his complaint has accused Kumaraswamy of denotifying 3.8 acres in Thanisandra village, which had been acquired for formation of a residential layout by Bangalore Development Authority in the Arkavathy layout in violation of rules.
Former minister C Chennigappa also has been named in the private complaint, alleging his involvement in getting the land denotified.
The petitioner alleged that Kumaraswamy ordered denotification of the land during October 2007, few days before the JDS-BJP coalition government collapsed following withdrawal of support by BJP.
Others facing land scam allegations and fighting legal battles are Housing Minister V Somanna, Industries Minister Murugesh Nirani, former minister S N Krishnaiah Setty and BJP MLAs C T Ravi and Nehru Olekar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?