Complaint of physical assault filed against Nityha
Karnataka: A reporter of a regional channel has filed a complaint against the controversial self styled godman Nithyananda and four of his followers on Thursday alleging of physical assault and threat to his life, police said.
"The complaint has just been filed and after verifying the facts, we will be registering an FIR", Ramanagara Superintendent of Police Anupam Agarwal said.
In his complaint, the reporter had alleged that during a press conference convened by Nithyananda at his ashram in the backdrop charges of sexual abuse levelled against him by a woman in a recent interview to the regional channel,when he questioned Nithyananda whether he had received any summons in this regard from a US court (as the woman was a US resident), he denied and upon the reporter showing that he had a copy of the summons, a heated argument followed resulting in Nithyananda asking his followers to send the scribe out.
In his complaint, the reporter has alleged that even after he was sent out, there was verbal altercation between him and the followers of Nithyananda and some of them allegedly assaulted him physically and threatened him.
Later, some activists belonging to a local outfit "Nava Nirmana Sene" also staged a protest in front of the ashram demanding justice.
In the press conference, Nithyananda refuted the sexual abuse allegation levelled against him by the woman as "false and baseless" and demanded CBI probe into it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH