Comprehensive probe ordered against BSY
Bangalore: The Lokayukta court on Friday ordered a comprehensive probe by Lokayukta police into a complaint against former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa and his son relating to alleged denotification of land in Bhadravathi.
Lokayukta Court Judge N K Sudhindra Rao directed the fourth Deputy Superintendent of Police, Lokayukta Bangalore Urban, Nahad to conduct a "comprehensive enquiry" into the complaint filed by an advocate and adjourned the case to August 31 for Lokayukta police to submit their report.
Earlier DySP Nahad submitted the certified copies of the documents by the respective authorities as claimed by the complainant.
Besides Yeddyurappa and his MP son B Y Raghavendra, five others have been named in the complaint.
The five others are `benamidars` of Yeddyurappa who allegedly executed the sale deeds in favour of Dhavalagiri Properties, a company owned by his sons.
The complainant, Vinod B, alleged that Yeddyurappa abusing his official power had denotified 69 acres at Bhadravathi in 2010. He also alleged that the former Chief Minister used the benamidars to get the lands transferred in the name of Dhavalagiri Properties, two months after denotifying them.
Vinod alleged that more than 250 acres of forest land located at Reserve Forest in Bhadravathi was denotified between 2010-2011 and that Yeddyurappa had amassed disproportionate assets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi