Comprehensive probe ordered against BSY
Bangalore: The Lokayukta court on Friday ordered a comprehensive probe by Lokayukta police into a complaint against former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa and his son relating to alleged denotification of land in Bhadravathi.
Lokayukta Court Judge N K Sudhindra Rao directed the fourth Deputy Superintendent of Police, Lokayukta Bangalore Urban, Nahad to conduct a "comprehensive enquiry" into the complaint filed by an advocate and adjourned the case to August 31 for Lokayukta police to submit their report.
Earlier DySP Nahad submitted the certified copies of the documents by the respective authorities as claimed by the complainant.
Besides Yeddyurappa and his MP son B Y Raghavendra, five others have been named in the complaint.
The five others are `benamidars` of Yeddyurappa who allegedly executed the sale deeds in favour of Dhavalagiri Properties, a company owned by his sons.
The complainant, Vinod B, alleged that Yeddyurappa abusing his official power had denotified 69 acres at Bhadravathi in 2010. He also alleged that the former Chief Minister used the benamidars to get the lands transferred in the name of Dhavalagiri Properties, two months after denotifying them.
Vinod alleged that more than 250 acres of forest land located at Reserve Forest in Bhadravathi was denotified between 2010-2011 and that Yeddyurappa had amassed disproportionate assets.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!