Cong backs Karnataka Governor`s sanction of prosecution
New Delhi: Congress on Friday defended the
action of Karnataka Governor H R Bhardwaj granting sanction to
prosecute Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa on corruption charges
saying he had done so after "full application of mind".
"These are situations which are well-known, established.
The Governor has acted after full application of mind. Only
those who have something to hide should be worried. Otherwise,
this is the discretion (of the Governor) and if anybody is
aggrieved, they can take appropriate legal action," Congress
spokesman Abhishek Manu Singhvi said.
Bhardwaj accorded sanction to prosecute Yeddyurappa
and Home Minister R Ashoka on corruption charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!