Cong backs Karnataka Governor`s sanction of prosecution
New Delhi: Congress on Friday defended the
action of Karnataka Governor H R Bhardwaj granting sanction to
prosecute Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa on corruption charges
saying he had done so after "full application of mind".
"These are situations which are well-known, established.
The Governor has acted after full application of mind. Only
those who have something to hide should be worried. Otherwise,
this is the discretion (of the Governor) and if anybody is
aggrieved, they can take appropriate legal action," Congress
spokesman Abhishek Manu Singhvi said.
Bhardwaj accorded sanction to prosecute Yeddyurappa
and Home Minister R Ashoka on corruption charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena