Cong corporator arrested in trap case in K`taka
Bangalore: A Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike corporator belonging to Congress party was nabbed by Lokayukta polcie while receiving a bribe of Rs 15,000 at her home office.
The corporator was caught redhanded by Lokayukta police while accepting the bribe from Channegowda, who was running a hotel in Kalasipalya area without a licence, and the bribe amount recovered, a Lokayukta release said.
Channegowda alleged in his complaint that the Corporator used to take Rs 500 every month from him. When the complainant failed to pay the money last month, the accused demanded Rs 35,000 in lumpsum.
After negotiations, she agreed to accept illegal gratification of Rs 20,000. As the complainant was not willing to pay the bribe, he lodged a complaint to take legal action against the accused person.
Based on the said complaint, a criminal case was registered in the Lokayukta police station here under the Prevention of Corruption Act 1988 and a trap was laid where the accused was caught red-handed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?