Cong corporator arrested in trap case in K`taka
Bangalore: A Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike corporator belonging to Congress party was nabbed by Lokayukta polcie while receiving a bribe of Rs 15,000 at her home office.
The corporator was caught redhanded by Lokayukta police while accepting the bribe from Channegowda, who was running a hotel in Kalasipalya area without a licence, and the bribe amount recovered, a Lokayukta release said.
Channegowda alleged in his complaint that the Corporator used to take Rs 500 every month from him. When the complainant failed to pay the money last month, the accused demanded Rs 35,000 in lumpsum.
After negotiations, she agreed to accept illegal gratification of Rs 20,000. As the complainant was not willing to pay the bribe, he lodged a complaint to take legal action against the accused person.
Based on the said complaint, a criminal case was registered in the Lokayukta police station here under the Prevention of Corruption Act 1988 and a trap was laid where the accused was caught red-handed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?