Cong corporator arrested in trap case in K`taka
Bangalore: A Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike corporator belonging to Congress party was nabbed by Lokayukta polcie while receiving a bribe of Rs 15,000 at her home office.
The corporator was caught redhanded by Lokayukta police while accepting the bribe from Channegowda, who was running a hotel in Kalasipalya area without a licence, and the bribe amount recovered, a Lokayukta release said.
Channegowda alleged in his complaint that the Corporator used to take Rs 500 every month from him. When the complainant failed to pay the money last month, the accused demanded Rs 35,000 in lumpsum.
After negotiations, she agreed to accept illegal gratification of Rs 20,000. As the complainant was not willing to pay the bribe, he lodged a complaint to take legal action against the accused person.
Based on the said complaint, a criminal case was registered in the Lokayukta police station here under the Prevention of Corruption Act 1988 and a trap was laid where the accused was caught red-handed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan