Cong corporator arrested in trap case in K`taka
Bangalore: A Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike corporator belonging to Congress party was nabbed by Lokayukta polcie while receiving a bribe of Rs 15,000 at her home office.
The corporator was caught redhanded by Lokayukta police while accepting the bribe from Channegowda, who was running a hotel in Kalasipalya area without a licence, and the bribe amount recovered, a Lokayukta release said.
Channegowda alleged in his complaint that the Corporator used to take Rs 500 every month from him. When the complainant failed to pay the money last month, the accused demanded Rs 35,000 in lumpsum.
After negotiations, she agreed to accept illegal gratification of Rs 20,000. As the complainant was not willing to pay the bribe, he lodged a complaint to take legal action against the accused person.
Based on the said complaint, a criminal case was registered in the Lokayukta police station here under the Prevention of Corruption Act 1988 and a trap was laid where the accused was caught red-handed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere