‘Cong deal with Janardhana Reddy to topple govt’
Bellary: Karnataka Chief Minister DV
Sadananda Gowda on Saturday charged the Congress with having struck
a secret pact with mining baron G Janardhana Reddy, his
associate and independent candidate B Sreeramulu to topple the
BJP government in the state.
"There is a secret understanding between Sreeramulu,Reddy
brothers and Congress to destabilise the BJP government", he
told reporters here after addressing a party workers meet in
the November 30 poll bound Bellary rural constituency.
He alleged that Congress has lured Reddy brothers with a
promise that it would help the jailed Janardhana Reddy,
arrested in connection with illegal mining probe by CBI, if
they ousted the BJP government.
He feared Sreeramulu and Congress might engage in
malpractices during polling day and said government was fully
geared up to meet the situation.
Sreeramulu, speaking at an election rally at nearby Sindwal
village criticised BJP senior leader LK Advani for supporting
the suspensions and asked why BJP had not acted against those
who boycotted Advani`s Jan Chetana Yatra in parts of Karnataka.
His sister J Shanta echoed a similar view while lashing
out at BJP for suspending her.
Earlier, BJP suspended four legislators of the Reddy camp
-- three MLAs and MLC for defying the party and continuing to
campaign for Sreeramulu, who is seeking re-election as an
Independent in the bypoll. It had also suspended its Lok Sabha
members, J Shantha (Bellary ST)and Sanna Fakirappa (Raichur).
Sreeramulu, trusted lieutenant of mining barons Janardhana
and Karunakara Reddy,quit assembly membership after he was
denied a ministerial berth following his indictment along with
Reddy brothers in the Lokayukta report on illegal mining.
Meanwhile Union Corporate Affairs Minister M Veerappa Moily
speaking at a separate press meet took a dig at former Chief
Minister BS Yeddyurappa for asking voters to defeat
Sreeramulu for forcing the bypoll.
"In that case all those who contested in bypolls forced
by BJP by engineering defections under Operation Lotus should
also be punished", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video