Cong demands dismissal of Karna minister Yogeshwar
Bangalore: Opposition Congress on Tuesday demanded
the dismissal of Karnataka Minister for Forest C P Yogeshwar
from the Ministry for his alleged involvement in Mega City
real estate project scam.
A delegation of Congress headed by KPCC President G
Parameshwara presented a memorandum to Governor H R Bhardwaj,
seeking a direction to the Chief Minister D V Sadanadna Gowda
to remove Yogeshwar from the Ministry.
Parameshwara told reporters outside the Raj Bhavan that Rs
71 crore had been collected from public for offering sites
under the project but several people had been cheated.
He claimed that the Ministry of Corporate Affairs which
probed the issue had found the involvement of Yogeshwar and
said the Minister has no moral right to continue in office.
Leader of the Opposition in the assembly Siddaramaiah,
former minister D K Shivakumar were also part of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?