Cong demands dissolution of Karna Assembly
Bangalore: Opposition Congress on Monday demanded that Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa should recommend the dissolution of state Assembly, saying his government had lost the moral right to continue in office in the wake of the spate of corruption charges faced by it.
"This government should go. It has lost the trust of people. The government is facing unprecedented scale of corruption (charges). All ministers of the Yeddyruappa government are party to the corruption," Leader of Opposition in the Assembly Siddaramaiah told reporters here.
If the BJP high command failed to secure Yeddyurappa`s resignation, Congress will launch a state-wide agitation against the government, he warned.
The administrative machinery has collapsed in the state, he charged as Yeddyurappa came under intense pressure to quit following the allegations of land scam involving his family.
Siddaramaiah rejected claims by Yeddyurappa that the state enjoyed comfortable financial position under his rule, saying "why then the government has about Rs 8,000 crore worth of pending bills."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened