Cong demands dissolution of Karna Assembly
Bangalore: Opposition Congress on Monday demanded that Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa should recommend the dissolution of state Assembly, saying his government had lost the moral right to continue in office in the wake of the spate of corruption charges faced by it.
"This government should go. It has lost the trust of people. The government is facing unprecedented scale of corruption (charges). All ministers of the Yeddyruappa government are party to the corruption," Leader of Opposition in the Assembly Siddaramaiah told reporters here.
If the BJP high command failed to secure Yeddyurappa`s resignation, Congress will launch a state-wide agitation against the government, he warned.
The administrative machinery has collapsed in the state, he charged as Yeddyurappa came under intense pressure to quit following the allegations of land scam involving his family.
Siddaramaiah rejected claims by Yeddyurappa that the state enjoyed comfortable financial position under his rule, saying "why then the government has about Rs 8,000 crore worth of pending bills."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire