Cong demands EC enquiry on remarks by Eswarappa
Shimoga: Karnataka Pradesh Congress Committee President G Parameshwara on Thursday demanded an inquiry by the Election Commission on the recent remarks by state BJP President KS Eshwarappa against his own party.
Speaking to reporters here, Parameshwara said Eshwarappa had accused the BJP of "using money and caste to rule the state" which amounted to "violating the People`s Representation Act.
Parameshwara said that the statement made by Eshwarappa justifies the assertion made by the Congress that BJP is adopting money and caste power to continue in power.
Responding to a question on the Global Investors` Meet organised by the state government, Parameshwara said "last year?s meet has proved to be a flop and this year they are trying to prove their second failure in attracting investors".
He further demanded immediate publication of a ‘white paper’ on the GIM and acquisition of the 1.70 lakh hectares of land across districts by the state for the purpose of luring investors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened