Cong demands EC enquiry on remarks by Eswarappa
Shimoga: Karnataka Pradesh Congress Committee President G Parameshwara on Thursday demanded an inquiry by the Election Commission on the recent remarks by state BJP President KS Eshwarappa against his own party.
Speaking to reporters here, Parameshwara said Eshwarappa had accused the BJP of "using money and caste to rule the state" which amounted to "violating the People`s Representation Act.
Parameshwara said that the statement made by Eshwarappa justifies the assertion made by the Congress that BJP is adopting money and caste power to continue in power.
Responding to a question on the Global Investors` Meet organised by the state government, Parameshwara said "last year?s meet has proved to be a flop and this year they are trying to prove their second failure in attracting investors".
He further demanded immediate publication of a ‘white paper’ on the GIM and acquisition of the 1.70 lakh hectares of land across districts by the state for the purpose of luring investors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa