Cong doesn`t have strategy in place to win elections: JDS
Mangalore: Taking a swipe at UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi`s recent visit to Dakshin Kannada, former Chief Minister and State JDS President HD Kumaraswamy on Monday claimed the Congress in Karnataka has no political strategy in place to win next year`s assembly election and JDS is the real opposition party which could address people`s problems.
"Sonia Gandhi has cast aspersions on BJP and its misrule in the state, but hardly won people`s trust. The Congress has no political strategy to contest ensuing assembly elections next year," he told a JDS convention here.
Kumaraswamy said a national party should not lower itself to the level of not having a strategy to contest elections other than pointing fingers at other parties. "In this circumstance, JDS is the real opposition in the state."
Kumaraswamy flayed former Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa and said that the latter was claiming that if he was given five years he would surpass Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi in development.
During his reign, debt went up from Rs 50,000 crore to Rs 1.16 lakh crore,he claimed.
VAT was increased from 12.5 per cent to 14 per cent, and widow and handicap pension schemes at Rs 400 per month introduced by him were stopped, Kumaraswamy said.
The occasion also marked the celebration of `Valmiki Jayanti.`
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what