Cong-JDS is trying to destablise my Govt: Karna CM
Bangalore: Facing an all-out attack from
the opposition, Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa Wednesday accused the Congress and JDS of "relentlessly" trying to destabilise
the BJP government and said he plans to order a judicial probe
into the land owned by leaders of the two parties.
Irked by the land scam allegations against his
government, which has faced repeated threats to its survival
following rebellion by BJP dissidents, Yeddyurappa charged,
"Half of the total extent of land available in and around
Bangalore city is owned by JDS leader H D Kumaraswamy and KPCC
President R V Deshpande".
Yeddyurappa said he was thinking of ordering a
judicial probe "to bring out the truth."
The opposition parties, which were making effort to
come to power through "dubious methods", had lost the right to
be in the ranks of opposition also, he said.
He accused the Congress-JDS combine of holding 11
rebel BJP MLAs as hostage and taking them to places like Goa
"I have documentary proof of their acts of
destabilising the government in the form of audio and video
cassettes. I will be sending them to the Congress High
command", Yeddyurappa, who had to face the floor test twice in
a short period recently, said.
Yeddyurappa`s remarks came in the wake of Congress leaders and its MLAs staging a protest in front of his official residence yesterday against BJP`s alleged attempts to lure the party legislators into its fold.
Police took at least 70 protesters including,
Opposition Congress leader Siddaramaiah and PCC chief R V
Deshpande into custody and released them later.
Yeddyurappa faced the first floor test on October 11
when the confidence motion was declared carried by voice vote
by the Speaker K G Bopaiah.However, Governor H R Bhardwaj had
called it unconstitutional and asked him to face another trust
vote on October 14 which was passed by 106 votes in favour and
100 against in a truncated assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Accused of 'intimidation', Delhi Deputy CM Sisodia to stage protest march to PM Modi's residence
- IIFA 2016: Priyanka Chopra wins 'Woman of the Year' award, expresses her joy on Twitter! - View pic
- Dada responds to Ravi Shastri's 'Sourav Ganguly absent' remark - Here's what he said
- French woman facing extradition to Chile granted bail by Delhi court
- Hot, humid Sunday morning in Delhi