Cong leaders from Telangana firm on separate statehood demand
Hyderabad: Congress MPs and MLAs from
Telangana on Sunday said nothing short of separate statehood for
Telangana would be acceptable to them.
The ruling party MPs, MLAs and other leaders on Sunday held a
meeting to discuss their future course of action on the
"They talked about the meeting called by the Centre on
January 6 to discuss the Srikrishna committee and how the
party`s representative from Telangana should present his
views," sources said.
"Nothing short of Telangana will be acceptable to us,"
senior Congress MLA R Damodar Reddy told reporters.
Congress MP M Jagannath took exception to the members of
the Srikrishna committee speaking to the media.
"It is not correct for members of the committee to speak
to the media saying that people want development," he said.
Meanwhile, speaking at a meeting of Telangana government
employees, Congress MPs K Keshav Rao and G Sukhender Reddy
said they would not hesitate to quit their posts for the sake
Keshav Rao said he would be ready to shun his membership
in the Congress Working Committee for Telangana statehood.
Expressing confidence that the Centre would give
Telangana, Sukhender Reddy said he and other Congress MPs
would quit their posts if such a need arose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145