Cong leaders from Telangana firm on separate statehood demand
Hyderabad: Congress MPs and MLAs from
Telangana on Sunday said nothing short of separate statehood for
Telangana would be acceptable to them.
The ruling party MPs, MLAs and other leaders on Sunday held a
meeting to discuss their future course of action on the
"They talked about the meeting called by the Centre on
January 6 to discuss the Srikrishna committee and how the
party`s representative from Telangana should present his
views," sources said.
"Nothing short of Telangana will be acceptable to us,"
senior Congress MLA R Damodar Reddy told reporters.
Congress MP M Jagannath took exception to the members of
the Srikrishna committee speaking to the media.
"It is not correct for members of the committee to speak
to the media saying that people want development," he said.
Meanwhile, speaking at a meeting of Telangana government
employees, Congress MPs K Keshav Rao and G Sukhender Reddy
said they would not hesitate to quit their posts for the sake
Keshav Rao said he would be ready to shun his membership
in the Congress Working Committee for Telangana statehood.
Expressing confidence that the Centre would give
Telangana, Sukhender Reddy said he and other Congress MPs
would quit their posts if such a need arose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview