Cong leaders from Telangana firm on separate statehood demand
Hyderabad: Congress MPs and MLAs from
Telangana on Sunday said nothing short of separate statehood for
Telangana would be acceptable to them.
The ruling party MPs, MLAs and other leaders on Sunday held a
meeting to discuss their future course of action on the
"They talked about the meeting called by the Centre on
January 6 to discuss the Srikrishna committee and how the
party`s representative from Telangana should present his
views," sources said.
"Nothing short of Telangana will be acceptable to us,"
senior Congress MLA R Damodar Reddy told reporters.
Congress MP M Jagannath took exception to the members of
the Srikrishna committee speaking to the media.
"It is not correct for members of the committee to speak
to the media saying that people want development," he said.
Meanwhile, speaking at a meeting of Telangana government
employees, Congress MPs K Keshav Rao and G Sukhender Reddy
said they would not hesitate to quit their posts for the sake
Keshav Rao said he would be ready to shun his membership
in the Congress Working Committee for Telangana statehood.
Expressing confidence that the Centre would give
Telangana, Sukhender Reddy said he and other Congress MPs
would quit their posts if such a need arose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof