Cong leaders from Telangana firm on separate statehood demand
Hyderabad: Congress MPs and MLAs from
Telangana on Sunday said nothing short of separate statehood for
Telangana would be acceptable to them.
The ruling party MPs, MLAs and other leaders on Sunday held a
meeting to discuss their future course of action on the
"They talked about the meeting called by the Centre on
January 6 to discuss the Srikrishna committee and how the
party`s representative from Telangana should present his
views," sources said.
"Nothing short of Telangana will be acceptable to us,"
senior Congress MLA R Damodar Reddy told reporters.
Congress MP M Jagannath took exception to the members of
the Srikrishna committee speaking to the media.
"It is not correct for members of the committee to speak
to the media saying that people want development," he said.
Meanwhile, speaking at a meeting of Telangana government
employees, Congress MPs K Keshav Rao and G Sukhender Reddy
said they would not hesitate to quit their posts for the sake
Keshav Rao said he would be ready to shun his membership
in the Congress Working Committee for Telangana statehood.
Expressing confidence that the Centre would give
Telangana, Sukhender Reddy said he and other Congress MPs
would quit their posts if such a need arose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'