Cong needs BJP support to run govt: Deve Gowda
New Delhi: Former Prime Minister H D Deve
Gowda on Wednesday said Congress needed BJP`s support to run the
government at the Centre and that might be one of the reasons
the government rejected Karnataka Governor H R Bharadwaj`s
report for President Rule in the state.
"To run the government, they (Congress) need the support
of BJP," Gowda said.
He said he expected Left parties and like-minded parties
would have supported the government in the Rajya Sabha had it
imposed President`s rule in the state.
The veteran Janata Dal (Secular) leader also said his
party has decided to boycott the Karnataka assembly session
commencing tomorrow and was waiting for Congress`s next move
in the state to "chalk out a strategy" to deal with the
"corrupt government" headed by B S Yeddyurappa.
"What is Congress` stand...they are meeting in
Bangalore tomorrow. We (JD-S) will chalk out a strategy after
getting the outcome of their meeting," Gowda said.
JD-S decided to boycott the state legislature session
beginning tomorrow, demanding resignation of Assembly Speaker
K G Bopaiah and the Chief Minister in view of the Supreme
Court`s strictures against them while setting aside the order
of disqualification of 16 MLAs.
Gowda said the Supreme Court has rapped the Chief
Minister and the Speaker and there was no point in attending
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan