Cong pitches for President`s rule in Karnataka
Bangalore: The Congress in Karnataka on Monday demanded dismissal of the state government and imposition of President`s rule, saying there is `zero governance` in the wake of internal bickering in the ruling BJP over the leadership issue.
"We urge Karnataka Governor H R Bhardwaj to recommend dissolution of the state Assembly as governance has hit a roadblock in the wake of internal bickerings in BJP over the leadership issue," Karnataka Pradesh Congress Committee President G Parameshwara told reporters.
Rajya Sabha election here today.
Parameshwara also urged Bhardwaj to facilitate fresh mandate "as government is likely to fall today or tomorrow in the light of internal bickerings in BJP reaching flashpoint."
He said Congress would submit a memorandum to the Governor, seeking dismissal of the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch