Cong pitches for President`s rule in Karnataka
Bangalore: The Congress in Karnataka on Monday demanded dismissal of the state government and imposition of President`s rule, saying there is `zero governance` in the wake of internal bickering in the ruling BJP over the leadership issue.
"We urge Karnataka Governor H R Bhardwaj to recommend dissolution of the state Assembly as governance has hit a roadblock in the wake of internal bickerings in BJP over the leadership issue," Karnataka Pradesh Congress Committee President G Parameshwara told reporters.
Rajya Sabha election here today.
Parameshwara also urged Bhardwaj to facilitate fresh mandate "as government is likely to fall today or tomorrow in the light of internal bickerings in BJP reaching flashpoint."
He said Congress would submit a memorandum to the Governor, seeking dismissal of the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical