Cong slams Yeddy`s clean chit to Reddy brothers
New Delhi: The Congress today slammed the
BJP government in Karnataka for "avoiding" a CBI probe into
the illegal mining in the state, saying "the loot is brazen
and is completely uncircumscribed."
Reacting to Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa`s
"clean chit" to Reddy brothers, who are ministers in the state
government, in the illegal mining episode, Congress
spokesperson Abishek Singhvi said though the announcement was
shocking, it did not spring any surprise.
"Though it (clean chit) is shocking, it is not at all
surprising....the protectors or supposed protectors are now
predators....(there is) absolute abdication of the rule of law
in the state. The loot is brazen. The loot is completely
uncircumscribed," Singhvi told a news channel here.
He charged the Karnataka government`s Mining Ministry was
full of people with direct conflict of interest.
The Forest and Ports Ministry was with the Chief
Minister, but "35 lakh tonnes (of material) went missing in
the last four months valued at Rs 2,000 crore to Rs 3,000
crore in all", the Congress leader said.
"You are avoiding the CBI inquiry and what you do, you
first start shooting the messenger, ignore the message and
then give a clean chit (to Reddy brothers)," he noted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Donald Trump says EU formed 'to beat US at making money'
- Muslim woman told to remove hijab for job application in New Zealand
- Kriti Sanon wishes 'Heropanti' director Sabbir Khan a very happy birthday! Pic inside
- Suicide attack in Baghdad kills at least 10 people
- BJP made Dayashankar Singh use foul language against me; SP also involved in conspiracy, alleges Mayawati