Cong to train grassroots level leaders
Bangalore: The Karnataka Pradesh Congress Committee (KPCC) on Saturday announced its plan to commence from October 2 training programmes for grassroots level leaders.
Kagodu Thimappa, former minister and chief of the monitoring committee of the party`s `Congress Nadige – Janara Balige` (Walk by Congress towards people) programme, told reporters that party leaders would conduct training programmes for booth and panchayat level presidents.
The purpose of imparting training to grassroots level leaders was to build strong and energetic cadres to take up issues affecting people, Thimappa said.
The training programmes would also inculcate party policies and programmes among its leaders, he said.
"Over 10,000 public meetings would be held at both the panchayat and booth levels," he added.
Thimappa said, the culmination ceremony of `Congress Nadige - Janara Balige` programme, which was launched in June this year, would take place at Kudalasangama on September 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!