Cong urges Guv to initiate action against Yeddy
Bangalore: The opposition Congress on Sunday
strongly urged Governor HR Bhardwaj to initiate appropriate
action against Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa for
"phone-tapping", leakage of Lokayukta report, and allegedly
trying to influence N Santosh Hegde through three others.
A Congress delegation led by President of Karnataka
Pradesh Congress Committee G Parameshwara and Leader of
Opposition in the Legislative Assembly, Siddaramaiah visited
Raj Bhavan and submitted a memorandum to the Governor on the
"recent political developments" in the State.
The Congress said Higher Education Minister VS Acharya,
Special Representative of Karnataka Government in New Delhi, V
Dhananjaya Kumar and Chairman of Task Force for implementing
the third finance commission AG Kodgi, recently met the
Lokayukta and tried to influence him not to indict the Chief
Minister in the final report on illegal mining.
The party also said the Lokayukta also made a startling
revelation that his phones had been tapped.
Thirdly, a portion of the Lokayukta report was leaked.
"This is a deliberate attempt to bring disrepute to the office
of Honourable Lokayukta, to damage the sanctity of the report
and minimise the impact of the findings," it said.
"It is common knowledge that the immediate beneficiary of
all the above illegal and unlawful acts are Chief Minister BS
Yeddyurappa and his Cabinet colleagues who are likely to be
indicted in the final report of the Lokayukta", Congress said.
It urged the Governor to take congnisance of the "issues
involved and set the law in motion" to ensure Yeddyurappa,
Acharya, Kumar, Kodgi and other persons who are involved in
"this criminal acts" are "suitably punished" under the laws of
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know