Cong will not be party to moves to destabilise Karna govt: Moily
Bangalore: Union Minister for Law and
Justice M Veerappa Moily on Saturday said Congress will not be a
party to moves to destabilise the BJP government in Karnataka
and was keen on returning to power on its own.
"Congress will not indulge in any act to bring down the
BJP government whose image has already nosedived in the eyes
of public," Moily told reporters here.
Congress has a good reputation at the national level and
also in Karnataka and would strive to bring the party back to
power on its own in the next elections, he said.
The dissidence that has been batterring the BJP would
itself bring the government down government and there is no
need for the Congress to intervene, he said.
BJP has become weak at the national level and in the
state, he said.
Moily declined to react to impeachment proceedings against
Karnataka Chief Justice P D Dinakaran, saying "it is for the
Supreme Court to appoint a three-member committee to probe the
In another development, Congress leaders at a meeting
convened by Opposition leader in the state assembly
Siddaramaiah decided to urge the party high command not
to join hands with JDS in "destabilising" BJP government.
Former Chief Minister and JDS leader H D Kumaraswamy,
who has been in touch with some Congress leaders, recently
predicted the collapse of Yeddyurappa government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'