Cong wins Periyapatna Assembly seat in Karnataka
Bangalore: Ruling Congress candidate K Venkatesh on Friday won the elections to Periyapatna Assembly seat in Karnataka, defeating JDS nominee K Mahadev by 2,088 votes.
The former Minister polled 62,045 votes and Mahadev secured 59,957, as results were declared after counting today, official sources said.
The poll in this segment in Mysore, the home district of Chief Minister Siddaramaiah, was postponed to May 28 from May five, when elections to all other constituencies were held, following the death of BJP candidate Sannamoge Gowda on April 29.
With this victory, the Congress tally in the 224-member Karnataka Assembly increased to 122, while the JDS and BJP have a strength of 40 members each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers