Congress confident of victory in bye-polls: Nirupam
Bangalore: AICC Secretary Sanjay Nirupam
today expressed confidence of the party`s victory in the
coming bye-elections to three assembly constituencies in
Karnataka and said it would soon uproot the BJP government.
Nirupam, who was in the state to coordinate and finalise
the plans for the April nine bye-elections in Chennapatna,
Jagalur (ST) and Bangarapet (SC) constituencies, said that
the Congress had chalked out a strategy for uprooting the BJP
government but refused to elaborate on it.
The Congress was confident of retaining its seats in
Jagalur and Bangarpet, he said.
He also said the party had no plans of entering into a
tie-up with the JDS.
Making a scathing attack on the BJP government, he
accused it of being one of the most corrupt governments, which
had allowed illegal export of iron ore.
He said while BJP attempted to showcase a high moral
ground at the national level, it was silent about the "rampant
corruption" in Karnataka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city