Congress demands dissolution of Karnataka Assembly
Bangalore: Opposition Congress Monday
demanded that Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa should recommend
the dissolution of state Assembly, saying his government had
lost the moral right to continue in office in the wake of the
spate of corruption charges faced by it.
"This government should go. It has lost the trust of
people. The government is facing unprecedented scale of
corruption (charges). All ministers of the Yeddyruappa
government are party to the corruption," Leader of Opposition
in the Assembly Siddaramaiah told reporters here.
If the BJP high command failed to secure Yeddyurappa`s
resignation, Congress will launch a state-wide agitation
against the government, he warned.
The administrative machinery has collapsed in the
state, he charged as Yeddyurappa came under intense pressure
to quit following the allegations of land scam involving his
Siddaramaiah rejected claims by Yeddyurappa that the
state enjoyed comfortable financial position under his rule,
saying "why then the government has about Rs 8,000 crore worth
of pending bills."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32
- Class Act! Footballer John Obi Mikel donates USD 30,000 to Nigeria's team for Rio Olympics
- Clinton accepts Democratic White House nomination in defining speech
- AMAZING WEIGHT LOSS TIP! Is this the fastest way to lose fat overnight?- Watch
- Not everything they taught you in science was true - 10 myths debunked in this 3-min VIDEO!
- Home Minister level talks: India, Bangladesh resolve to fight terrorism together