Congress demands sacking of Reddy brothers
Bangalore: A Congress delegation on Tuesday met
Governor HR Bhardwaj and sought disqualification of Tourism Minister G Janardhana Reddy, Revenue Minister G Karunakara Reddy and Health Minister B Sriramulu for alleged evasion of Income Tax.
Congress leaders V S Ugrappa and K C Kondaiah alleged the
Obulapuram Mining company, owned by the three ministers and
mining barons, evaded IT to the tune of more than Rs 86 crore.
The Governor told the delegation to approach the Election
Commission in this regard, Ugrappa said.
"These three Ministers should resign on their own.
Otherwise, the BJP high command should direct Chief Minister B
S Yeddyurappa to drop them from the Cabinet," Ugrappa told
reporters outside Raj Bhavan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state