Congress demands sacking of Reddy brothers
Bangalore: A Congress delegation on Tuesday met
Governor HR Bhardwaj and sought disqualification of Tourism Minister G Janardhana Reddy, Revenue Minister G Karunakara Reddy and Health Minister B Sriramulu for alleged evasion of Income Tax.
Congress leaders V S Ugrappa and K C Kondaiah alleged the
Obulapuram Mining company, owned by the three ministers and
mining barons, evaded IT to the tune of more than Rs 86 crore.
The Governor told the delegation to approach the Election
Commission in this regard, Ugrappa said.
"These three Ministers should resign on their own.
Otherwise, the BJP high command should direct Chief Minister B
S Yeddyurappa to drop them from the Cabinet," Ugrappa told
reporters outside Raj Bhavan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report