Congress for judicial probe into Reddys` land scam
Bangalore: Karnataka Congress on Wednesday demanded
that the state government institute a judicial probe into
the alleged land scam involving three former ministers from
Bellary and their family.
Congress Spokesman V S Ugrappa and senior leader K C
Kondaiah alleged at a press meet here that former state
minister G Janardhana Reddy`s wife purchased 57.38 acres of
land in Bellary in violation of the Land Reforms Act.
Former minister G Karunakara Reddy secured 17 cents for
housing purpose by flouting rules while his associate, former
minister B Sreeramulu, also purchased 27.94 acres, Ugrappa
alleged and released "documents" in support of his claims.
Ugrappa also wanted the state government to initiate
criminal proceedings against those indicted in the Lokayukta
report on illegal mining. The report should be treated as an
FIR against all the accused including officials named in it
and their assets should be frozen, he said.
The process of recovery of losses should also begin
immediately, he demanded.
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video
- John Kerry to travel to Geneva on Sunday in show of support for Syria ceasefire: US
- Istanbul braces for police lockdown on May Day
- Jat leaders to hold ‘jail bharo’ movement in Haryana today, section 144 imposed in Jind
- PM Modi to launch solar-powered boats in Varanasi today, visit to Ballia also on cards