Congress for judicial probe into Reddys` land scam
Bangalore: Karnataka Congress on Wednesday demanded
that the state government institute a judicial probe into
the alleged land scam involving three former ministers from
Bellary and their family.
Congress Spokesman V S Ugrappa and senior leader K C
Kondaiah alleged at a press meet here that former state
minister G Janardhana Reddy`s wife purchased 57.38 acres of
land in Bellary in violation of the Land Reforms Act.
Former minister G Karunakara Reddy secured 17 cents for
housing purpose by flouting rules while his associate, former
minister B Sreeramulu, also purchased 27.94 acres, Ugrappa
alleged and released "documents" in support of his claims.
Ugrappa also wanted the state government to initiate
criminal proceedings against those indicted in the Lokayukta
report on illegal mining. The report should be treated as an
FIR against all the accused including officials named in it
and their assets should be frozen, he said.
The process of recovery of losses should also begin
immediately, he demanded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- The Pot Simmers: Beef Politics in UP; Beef Festival in Kerala