Congress govt in Karnataka to complete 100 days in office on Wednesday
Bangalore: The Congress government in Karnataka will complete 100 days in office on Wednesday amid firm indications that Chief Minister Siddaramaiah has sought to consolidate his position from the word go.
After being sworn-in on May 13, Siddaramaiah moved swiftly to announce implementation of some of the key pre-poll assurances that the party made in a bid to strengthen the party base.
The Chief Minister announced distribution of rice at Re one a kg to BPL families, waiver of loan of SCs, STs, backward classes and minorities, higher incentive for cooperative milk producers and increase in subsidy for housing unit.
The announcements were made less than an hour after he assumed office when he hadn`t even constituted his Cabinet, raising eye-brows. "Is Siddaramaiah trying to position himself as bigger than the party?" is the question even some leaders within the Congress asked at the time.
"The government initiated measures to implement 60 of the 160 assurances made in the election manifesto," the Chief Minister said at the independence day address. "I have spent most of the time in activating the administrative machinery," he had said on August 15.
Meanwhile, stakes are high for Siddaramaiah in tomorrow`s Lok Sabha bypoll in Mandya and Bangalore Rural, where Congress victories would certainly boost his credentials ahead of the Lok Sabha elections in which he has said the party`s target is to win 20 of the 28 seats in Karnataka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'