Congress govt misused power for Rahul Gandhi meet, BJP alleges
Bangalore: Opposition BJP members in Karnataka Assembly on Thursday demanded strict action against a top IAS official for misusing government machinery to facilitate Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi`s interactive meeting with students in the state.
Raising the issue during zero hour, Opposition Leader Jagadish Shettar said action should be taken against Principal Secretary of education department for organising the event for a non-government functionary like Gandhi during his two-day visit to the state.
Shettar also alleged National Knowledge Commission Chief Sam Pitroda had asked the government to ensure support and bring students to Gandhi`s meeting.
These comments sparked off noisy scenes with ruling Congress and BJP members, engaging in exchange of words.
He demanded the government to institute an enquiry into the matter.
Countering Shettar`s allegations, Home Minister K J George said the previous BJP government too had misused government machinery to conduct Akhil Bhartiya Vidyhyarthi Parishad meetings.
Speaker Kagodu Thimmappa assured that he would ask the government to look into the allegation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- HILARIOUS! How Virender Sehwag trolled birthday boy Rohit Sharma in his inimitable style
- Section 144 imposed in Jind as Jat leaders start 'jail bharo' movement
- PM Narendra Modi salutes 'Shramiks' hard work, determination on Labour Day
- Breathtaking! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' teaser 2 introduces Anushka Sharma as 'Aarfa' – Watch
- Centre declines to share info on bringing back Kohinoor