Congress, JDS stage protests
Belgaum: Demanding disqualification of three
Karnatkaa ministers who quit following the porn scandal,
opposition Congress and JDS today staged protests at various
places, including in this town.
Protests were held in other parts of the state including
Gadag, Koppal, Mandya and Mysore, police said.
In Bangalore, Youth Congress Workers and some women`s
welfare outfits staged a protest, carrying banners and
shouting slogans against the three disgraced former ministers
Laxman Savadi, who along with C C Patil and Krishna Palemar,
resigned today after being caught on camera watching
sleazy clippings on mobile phone in the assembly.
A bandh called by Congress and JDS in Athani taluk in the
district, the native of Savadi, evoked "partial response" with
some shops and commercial establishments remaining open.
Earlier protestors belonging to the opposition parties and
some local women`s organisations shouted slogans against the
three and burnt their effigies.
More than 2,000 supporters of Savadi congregated in front
of his residence in Athani, expressing solidarity towards him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event
- Al Qaeda chief urges kidnappings of Westerners for prisoner swaps - SITE
- Japan logs first half-year trade surplus since Fukushima
- Attacks on France, Germany their own fault: Donald Trump
- Yahoo nears sale of core assets to Verizon for $5 billion: Report