Congress, JDS stage protests
Belgaum: Demanding disqualification of three
Karnatkaa ministers who quit following the porn scandal,
opposition Congress and JDS today staged protests at various
places, including in this town.
Protests were held in other parts of the state including
Gadag, Koppal, Mandya and Mysore, police said.
In Bangalore, Youth Congress Workers and some women`s
welfare outfits staged a protest, carrying banners and
shouting slogans against the three disgraced former ministers
Laxman Savadi, who along with C C Patil and Krishna Palemar,
resigned today after being caught on camera watching
sleazy clippings on mobile phone in the assembly.
A bandh called by Congress and JDS in Athani taluk in the
district, the native of Savadi, evoked "partial response" with
some shops and commercial establishments remaining open.
Earlier protestors belonging to the opposition parties and
some local women`s organisations shouted slogans against the
three and burnt their effigies.
More than 2,000 supporters of Savadi congregated in front
of his residence in Athani, expressing solidarity towards him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Denied help by hospital authorities, Odisha man walks 10-km carrying wife's dead body; WATCH
- Salman Khan's fan trolled, criticised Yogeshwar Dutt after he was out of Olympics. Here's his FITTING reply
- Setback for NSUI as ABVP wins big in student union polls in Rajasthan
- North Korea leader says missile test `greatest success`
- Curfew, restrictions continue for 48th day in Kashmir