Congress, JDS stage protests
Belgaum: Demanding disqualification of three
Karnatkaa ministers who quit following the porn scandal,
opposition Congress and JDS today staged protests at various
places, including in this town.
Protests were held in other parts of the state including
Gadag, Koppal, Mandya and Mysore, police said.
In Bangalore, Youth Congress Workers and some women`s
welfare outfits staged a protest, carrying banners and
shouting slogans against the three disgraced former ministers
Laxman Savadi, who along with C C Patil and Krishna Palemar,
resigned today after being caught on camera watching
sleazy clippings on mobile phone in the assembly.
A bandh called by Congress and JDS in Athani taluk in the
district, the native of Savadi, evoked "partial response" with
some shops and commercial establishments remaining open.
Earlier protestors belonging to the opposition parties and
some local women`s organisations shouted slogans against the
three and burnt their effigies.
More than 2,000 supporters of Savadi congregated in front
of his residence in Athani, expressing solidarity towards him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state