Congress, JDS stage protests
Belgaum: Demanding disqualification of three
Karnatkaa ministers who quit following the porn scandal,
opposition Congress and JDS today staged protests at various
places, including in this town.
Protests were held in other parts of the state including
Gadag, Koppal, Mandya and Mysore, police said.
In Bangalore, Youth Congress Workers and some women`s
welfare outfits staged a protest, carrying banners and
shouting slogans against the three disgraced former ministers
Laxman Savadi, who along with C C Patil and Krishna Palemar,
resigned today after being caught on camera watching
sleazy clippings on mobile phone in the assembly.
A bandh called by Congress and JDS in Athani taluk in the
district, the native of Savadi, evoked "partial response" with
some shops and commercial establishments remaining open.
Earlier protestors belonging to the opposition parties and
some local women`s organisations shouted slogans against the
three and burnt their effigies.
More than 2,000 supporters of Savadi congregated in front
of his residence in Athani, expressing solidarity towards him.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?