Congress leader threatened
Karwar (Karnataka): An unidentified motorcycle rider on Monday fired two rounds near the residence of a local Congress leader and businessman here after threatening the watchman, police said.
The man had parked his motorcycle in front of the house at Sadashivghad and asked the watchman for Satish Sail, who owns a shipping company and business in Goa.
When the watchman questioned him and asked him to remove the helmet, the man threatened him with a knife, handed over a letter, fired two rounds in the air and fled, Superintendent of Police K T Balakrishna said.
The accused identified himself as "Bhai from America", he said.
The letter bearing signature `B R`, warns Sail and his family to be careful as he had failed to accept their demands, Balakrishna said.
Police seized two empty cartridges from the spot and have registered a case under the Arms Act and IPC.
Investigation into the incident is on and all efforts were being made to find out the identity of the motorcyclist, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report