Congress leader threatened
Karwar (Karnataka): An unidentified motorcycle rider on Monday fired two rounds near the residence of a local Congress leader and businessman here after threatening the watchman, police said.
The man had parked his motorcycle in front of the house at Sadashivghad and asked the watchman for Satish Sail, who owns a shipping company and business in Goa.
When the watchman questioned him and asked him to remove the helmet, the man threatened him with a knife, handed over a letter, fired two rounds in the air and fled, Superintendent of Police K T Balakrishna said.
The accused identified himself as "Bhai from America", he said.
The letter bearing signature `B R`, warns Sail and his family to be careful as he had failed to accept their demands, Balakrishna said.
Police seized two empty cartridges from the spot and have registered a case under the Arms Act and IPC.
Investigation into the incident is on and all efforts were being made to find out the identity of the motorcyclist, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown