Congress padayatra enters 8th day, Reddy brothers` 4th day
Chitradurga: The 320-km `Bellary chalo
padayatra` undertaken by opposition Congress against the BJP
government in Karnataka for its "failure" to check illegal
mining entered the eight day on Sunday.
AICC leader B K Hariprasad and veteran B Janardhana
Poojary joined the padayatra that resumed its onward journey
from Javalagondanahalli in Chitradurga district.
The padayatra continued to draw good support from
locals, besides Congress workers from other parts joining it.
Partymen from Mangalore travelled to Chitradurga and
became part of the protest today.
`Yakshagana` (traditional art form of Karnataka)
artistes` performance not only enthralled those walking
towards Bellary but added glitter to the yatra.
Congress leader Siddaramaiah, who is leading the
padayatra, took a swipe at state Tourism Minister G Janardhana
Reddy, who had challenged him to contest from one of the
Assembly constituencies of Bellary.
"Let BJP dissolve the state Assembly. I am ready to
contest from Bellary (stronghold of Reddy brothers) itself,"
Meanwhile, the padayatra by Health Minister B
Sreeramulu and Reddy brothers -- Janardhana and Karunakara --
to counter Congress` entered the fourth day today.
Sreeramulu, along with Reddy brothers and BJP
supporters, went on padayatra in Hospet.
They had set out from Chellagurki village on July 29
to garner public support on the issue and also for the mega
rally planned in Bellary on August 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj