Congress padayatra reaches Bellary
Bellary: Targeting the BJP government over corruption charges, Congress on Monday concluded its 320-km long `padayatra`, dubbed as a show of strength by the opposition
party, in Bellary, a stronghold of Reddy brothers who have been facing allegations of illegal mining.
Congress workers donning white Gandhi caps and holding the tricolour gave a tumultuous welcome to party leaders and workers as they arrived here in the mine rich district.
A seven km long human chain was formed as the padayatra, which started on July 25 from Bangalore, reached the city for the rally, touted as a reply by Congress to the
challenge thrown by the three ministers and mining magnates - K Janaradhana Reddy and his brother Karunakara Reddy and their close associate R Sreeramulu, who had dared the Congress to step into their home turf.
The district stadium was bursting at the seams with thousands waiting patiently since early morning for the rally.
Congress leaders, including union ministers SM Krishna, M Mallikarjun Kharge, M Veerappa Moily and KH Muniyappa have arrived for the rally, marking a show of
strength by the party.
Hundreds of police personnel lined the streets, virtually turning Bellary into a fortress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days