Congress padayatra reaches Bellary
Bellary: Targeting the BJP government over corruption charges, Congress on Monday concluded its 320-km long `padayatra`, dubbed as a show of strength by the opposition
party, in Bellary, a stronghold of Reddy brothers who have been facing allegations of illegal mining.
Congress workers donning white Gandhi caps and holding the tricolour gave a tumultuous welcome to party leaders and workers as they arrived here in the mine rich district.
A seven km long human chain was formed as the padayatra, which started on July 25 from Bangalore, reached the city for the rally, touted as a reply by Congress to the
challenge thrown by the three ministers and mining magnates - K Janaradhana Reddy and his brother Karunakara Reddy and their close associate R Sreeramulu, who had dared the Congress to step into their home turf.
The district stadium was bursting at the seams with thousands waiting patiently since early morning for the rally.
Congress leaders, including union ministers SM Krishna, M Mallikarjun Kharge, M Veerappa Moily and KH Muniyappa have arrived for the rally, marking a show of
strength by the party.
Hundreds of police personnel lined the streets, virtually turning Bellary into a fortress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Athlete Dutee Chand qualifies for Rio Olympics in 100m sprint
- Enthusiasm in social networking may earn you a job: ASSOCHAM report
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- Beware! Excessive gadget use could stimulate early ageing: Doctors
- Haryana gang-rape victim sends notice to Salman Khan
- Amit Shah's dig at Akhilesh Yadav: Will Barack Obama maintain law and order in UP
- Mutual Funds pump in Rs 7,200-crore in stock markets in April-June
- Vikram Bhatt rips apart Kamaal R Khan through FB post! – Full text