Congress plans padayatra from Bangalore to Bellary
Bangalore: Upping its ante against the BJP
Government in Karnataka over illegal mining issue, Opposition
Congress today said it would undertake a protest `padayatra`
from here to Bellary after conclusion of on-going legislature
The state Congress, which has been attacking Chief
Minister B S Yeddyurappa for his "failure" to curb illegal
mining, plans to rope in some of its top leaders, including
Rahul Gandhi, for the padayatra.
"At the end of the 15-20 day padayatra, a rally will be
held in Bellary," Congress leader Siddaramaiah told reporters
after he led an indefinite dharna in the House after his
demand for a CBI probe into "illegal" mining was turned down
by the government.
The planned stir comes in the backdrop of Tourism
Minister G Janardhana Reddy challenging the Opposition parties
to "dare visit Bellary to agitate and they will be taught a
Siddaramaiah had responded that his party would stage a
protest in front of Reddy`s house, one of the mining magnets
of the state.
Meanwhile senior Congress leader Oscar Fernandes visited
the state assembly, where his party MLAs have been on a
night-long dharna and spoke to them.
Fernandes defended Congress demand for a CBI probe into
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?