Congress plans padayatra from Bangalore to Bellary
Bangalore: Upping its ante against the BJP
Government in Karnataka over illegal mining issue, Opposition
Congress today said it would undertake a protest `padayatra`
from here to Bellary after conclusion of on-going legislature
The state Congress, which has been attacking Chief
Minister B S Yeddyurappa for his "failure" to curb illegal
mining, plans to rope in some of its top leaders, including
Rahul Gandhi, for the padayatra.
"At the end of the 15-20 day padayatra, a rally will be
held in Bellary," Congress leader Siddaramaiah told reporters
after he led an indefinite dharna in the House after his
demand for a CBI probe into "illegal" mining was turned down
by the government.
The planned stir comes in the backdrop of Tourism
Minister G Janardhana Reddy challenging the Opposition parties
to "dare visit Bellary to agitate and they will be taught a
Siddaramaiah had responded that his party would stage a
protest in front of Reddy`s house, one of the mining magnets
of the state.
Meanwhile senior Congress leader Oscar Fernandes visited
the state assembly, where his party MLAs have been on a
night-long dharna and spoke to them.
Fernandes defended Congress demand for a CBI probe into
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered