Congress politicising Cauvery row: Karnataka Deputy CM
Bangalore: Hitting back at Congress for attacking the government over Cauvery issue, Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister KS Eshwarappa on Sunday accused it of politicising the matter and adopting double standards.
Defending the release of water to Tamil Nadu from September 12 to 19 as a goodwill gesture, he said the decision was taken after legal opinion.
He charged the Congress with politicising the issue by first welcoming the decision of Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar to release 9,000 cusecs of water to Tamil Nadu.
"The Congress also supported Shettar over his walkout during the Cauvery River Authority (CRA) meeting, but now it is contending that he should have sat through the meeting. The Congress is resorting to double standards," Eshwarappa said.
Senior Congress leaders on Sunday had slammed the BJP Government for `committing` a series of lapses in presenting the state`s case before the Supreme Court and the Cauvery tribunal and trying to cover up its mistakes by blaming the Prime Minister, who heads the CRA.
If the Congress continued to play such "dirty politics", people of the state would teach a lesson to it, he said.
He also criticised the Prime Minister for not meeting Karnataka delegation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks